Acer Technical Support
Yesterday, I updated Windows XP. There were 13 updates in total. It had been last updated a day or two before. But I didn’t get an explanation for the blue-screen error displaying “STOP: 0x0000007B” which popped up today morning, when I turned on my Acer laptop in order to check official mails.

All I could do was to try with the Safe-Mode, and thankfully, it ran, I was chilled muttering ‘something is better than nothing’, then in a bid to get relevant solution to fix the Blue-screen error, I navigated through the Acer Technical Support. I came across a range of error messages, though I couldn’t get the one I was looking for; but then one thing which I could conclude ‘it was something related with the driver conflicts’.

I went through the privacy policy and all that matters for being an Acer customer. Then I got the Acer number displaying under the Contact tab of the site, and dialed it. In no time it was entertained and I came across a technician who was ready to assist. Initially, he took some detail regarding the system configuration, and then instructed me to perform Windows XP Repair. I received an article that read as:

• Did you just install or make a change to a hard drive controller? If so, it could be a probable reason behind the STOP error. Undo the change and test for the 0x7B blue screen error.

• Startup with Last Known Good Configuration to undo related registry and driver changes.

• Use System Restore to undo recent changes.

• Rollback hard drive controller device driver to version prior to your driver update.

• Verify that the hard drive is configured properly in BIOS. The STOP 0x0000007B error could occur if the hard drive settings in BIOS are incorrect.

• Viruses can also damage the master boot record (MBR) or boot sector, so perform a system scan to fix the error. Either use third-party software running on the system or take help from Microsoft Security Essentials.

I was fortunate enough to get the solution in the second step only. Really, it was good to call on the Acer Support number at the right time; it was a miraculous escape from the dreaded system error. You can rely on the solution offered too, I’m happy to share it.

Comments (5)

On 2 April 2012 at 05:18 , froz said...

Laptop repair isnt always easy, but sometimes it can be..If the laptop isnt under warranty and you dont feel comfortable replacing some of these parts yourself, you'll have to find a professional to do it..Windows Support

 
On 16 May 2013 at 22:09 , Unknown said...

Chiptroniks is starting the online laptop repairing course at home or any where in india other countries for every one. Chiptroniks is a unique institute in India that famous for the repairing course like laptop, Mobile, CCTV, Printer, Tablet PC, Motherbaoard, Keyboard etc...
Online Institute
Mobile Repairing Institute
CCTV Repairing Course

 
On 17 June 2013 at 07:41 , Leyo said...

This is an excellent source of comfort for the users as they have at their convenience, the computer support service just by creating a call or connecting with the technicians online. Online tech support is great because it saves a lot of cost of the users and educates them on top of it.
online virus removal

 
On 20 January 2014 at 04:24 , Unknown said...

Excellent post and wonderful blog, I really like this type of interesting articles keep it u.

Acer - 14" TravelMate Notebook - 8 GB Memory - 500 GB Hard Drive (TMP643-V-53328G50Mikk)

Acer - 15.6" TravelMate Notebook - 8 GB Memory - 500 GB Hard Drive (TMP653-V-53328G50Mikk)

 
On 29 August 2014 at 23:54 , VD Intellisys said...

There are several problems come in laptop. learn how can diagnose laptop motherboard problem